This Week's Work:
- To write up our story neatly into a book
- To use edit our writing by using a thesaurus.
- To produce a front cover for our stories.
We have put up the children's books onto our English display and are so proud of their writing, editing and handwriting skills. Well done!
- 3A: Adding and subtracting a 3 digit number from a 3 digit number, problem solving.
We have been using place value charts to add and subtract multiples of 100. The children worked hard at this and then extended their learning to solve some problems.
Afternoon Subjects -
- P.E - Athletics: Speed bounce, vertical jump, relay. We discovered that Miss Woodcock is pretty rubbish at the speed bounce and entered our scores into the school sports day and pentathlon competitions which are being run by Mrs Newbold.
- Topic - The War of the Roses. We had lots of laughs and fun acting out The Battle of Bosworth. My favourite part was when Jack gave Luke (Richard lll) a piggyback to be buried in Leicester!
- DT - Continuing to make a soft toy. The children have been working on their soft toy and some are finished. The toys are spending half term keeping an eye on our class and the unfinished ones are having a nap in their comfy folders.
- Science - Investigating the best material for making curtains, looking at transparent, translucent and opaque materials. We found that our school jumpers would be the best material to make curtains out of as they are opaque and therefore do not allow light to pass through.