Our learning in 3/4B this week will include:
- Using drama (conscience alleys and group enactments) to explore feelings about unfairness.
- Recapping the key features of a non-chronological report.
- Researching, planning and writing a non-chronological report on an important issue, linked to our text "Journey to Jo'burg."
- Continuing to read Michael Morpurgo's "The Butterfly Lion" and working through comprehension activities based on the text.
- Continuing to work on our Unit about multiplication and division.
- Learning the multiplication and division facts for the 3, 5 and 10 times tables.
- Problem solving using multiplication and division.
Other Curriculum Subjects
- Science – no Science this week due to Teacher Training Day.
- Art – continuing to experiment with various styles of shading using pencils and charcoal.
- RE – completing work on the Baptism of Jesus.
- Topic – looking at important and influential figures in Black History.
- Music – with Mrs Chard on Monday afternoon.
- PE –hockey on Monday with Mr Barnes and dance (circus theme) on Tuesday with Mrs Lee.
Our topic work this week involved researching information about Walter Tull. Walter Tull was a black pioneer as he was the second black player to play for a topflight football team (Tottenham Hotspur) as well as being the first black officer in the British Army. He fought in WW1 and sadly died in 1918 just before the war ended.