This Week's Work:
- We will continue to read Journey to Jo'burg and will write a persuasive letter to the children in the story, listing reasons why the children should stay or not stay at the fruit farm in the story.
- Our grammar activities include: writing questions using the correct punctuation and "question words", using a dictionary to find meanings and using a thesaurus to find synonyms for words.
Chapters 3 and 4 of book available below.
- To use the multiplication symbol and show multiplication in pictures and arrays.
- We will continue to work on our times tables.
- We will begin to look at division by making equal groups as well as linking our division and multiplication facts.
Afternoon Subjects -
- P.E - Hockey and Dance (Circus): To look at the movements a trapeze performer would make.
- Topic - to begin to look at significant figures in black history from the UK.
- Art - drawing techniques
- Science - To look at the pitch of sounds.
- R.E - To learn about the baptism of Christ and create a pastel drawing.
- Music - Quaver music
This week in English we have written and published a persuasive letter.
This week we started our new Art unit on Drawing. We used 2B, 4B and 6B pencils to practice shading and compared how the softness of the pencil affected our ability to shade lightly to darker. We then looked at different drawing techniques including Hatching, Cross-Hatching, Stippling, Scumbling, Feathering and Side Stroke before attempting a sketch using these techniques.